Recovering from a stroke can be one of the greatest challenges a person will ever face. However, research shows that early and specialized stroke rehabilitation can help to optimize an individual’s physical and cognitive recovery and enhance quality of life.
At Kingsbrook Lifecare Center, a team of specialists provides early intervention with expertise and understanding to help individuals return home to family, work and community activities.
Studies indicate that where a stroke survivor goes for treatment can make all the difference in his or her recovery. Kingsbrook, delivers a comprehensive program of medical, nursing and therapy care to successfully address the individual needs of each stroke patient. Our goal-
directed approach to stroke rehabilitation tailors treatment to help patients:
• restore physical function and enhance the skills needed to perform daily activities
• build strength, improve balance and regain mobility
• improve speech and swallowing
• develop new cognitive and behavioral strategies to compensate for any deficits
Kingsbrook treats individuals at any age, at any stage in their lives, and at any level of impairment. For those patients whose stroke rehabilitation needs are further complicated by other existing medical conditions and/or difficulties with arousal, confusion, debility or age-related factors, Kingsbrook offers unique specialized services to ensure proper recovery.
Kingsbrook Lifecare Center, recognized as a quality medical rehabilitation center, integrates the advanced treatment, proven therapies and leading-edge technologies that benefit patient recovery. The stroke rehabilitation team also continues to explore new avenues of treatment and engage in promising new research to benefit stroke survivors. Among the many advances available to appropriate patients are:
• Videofluoroscopy and electrical stimulation to help diagnose and treat swallowing disorders
• Advanced pharmacologic and therapeutic interventions to manage spasticity
• Augmentative devices, like Lingraphica®, to improve communication and speech patterns
Local stroke rehabilitation at Kingsbrook Lifecare Center is convenient for those patients who have suffered from a stroke, allowing them to receive expert rehabilitation services close to home.
For more information about the stroke rehabilitation program and other services provided at Kingsbrook call 606-324-1414.