Are your lashes thinning as you get older (hypotrichosis) or have you used lash extensions for a long period of time, causing your natural lashes to fall out or break off? We have the answer for you at Nu U.
LATISSE is a prescription drug which is used to thicken and lengthen lashes by simply applying to upper lashes with a small brush. Within 16 weeks results are dramatic and use may be decreased to a maintenance dose.
There are some reasons why your ophthalmologist should be consulted prior to using LATISSE and they are a history of intraocular pressure issues or glaucoma. Strangely enough, those with glaucoma are the very patients who brought the “side effect” of long, thick lashes to the attention of their physicians. The active ingredient in a prescription medication to treat glaucoma brought complaints from patients that their lashes were lengthening and making irritating contact with their glasses lenses. Thus, a cosmetic use was born. Application to the upper lash line nightly for 16 weeks will keep lashes from naturally falling out so that they continue to grow in length while new lashes are still coming in as part of the natural cycle.
What you need to know about using LATISSE is included in the following 5 easy steps…
1. Before applying ensure your face is clean, makeup and contact lenses are removed.
2. Prepare the applicator by removing it from its tray. Then, holding the sterile applicator horizontally, place one drop of LATISSE solution on the area of the applicator closest to the tip, but not on the tip.
3. Apply to skin using applicator. Immediately draw the applicator carefully along the skin at the base of the upper eyelashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin) going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part.
4. Blot to remove any excess solution beyond the eyelid.
5. Dispose of the applicator after one use and repeat with a new applicator on the opposite eye.
Important reminders include…
1. Apply LATISSE solution nightly for 16 weeks. Do not reduce or stop application when you first notice results.
2. DO NOT apply directly into the eye or to the lower lid and blot excess solution with a tissue.
3. Only use the sterile applicators supplied with LATISSE to apply the product
4. Don’t allow the tip off the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
5. Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE solution. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes after application.
6. If you get LATISSE in your eye, do not rinse your eye. It is not expected to cause harm.
7. If you miss a dose of LATISSE solution, don’t try to play “catch up”. Just apply LATISSE the next day.
8. Remember, if you stop using LATISSE, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.
The most common side effects after using LATISSE are eye itching or eye redness. These were reported by about 4% of patients in the clinical trials. LATISSE solution may cause other less common side effects, which typically occur on the skin close to where LATISSE is applied or in the eyes. These include skin darkening, eye irritation, dryness, or redness of the eyelids.
If a new eye condition develops such as trauma, a sudden decrease in vision is experienced, eye surgery occurs, or reactions develop, particularly an infected eyelid reaction, your doctor should be notified to discern whether continued use is safe and appropriate.
LATISSE use may cause increased brown pigmentation of the colored part (iris) of the eye, which is likely to be permanent. While very infrequent, increased iris pigmentation has occurred when LATISSE solution was administered.
Also available at Nu U is a non-prescription lash enhancer which is preferred by some clients and is stocked as a service to avoid the wait of shipping.
Lash Lyft and Tint is also a service provided to “perm and color” lashes. Lashes appear longer and thicker as they are curled upward and darkened, allowing the client the option to wear mascara or not.
Contact Nu U Medical Aesthetics Beauty & Spa today to get started on your new, exclusive skincare Routine.
Nu U Medical Aesthetics Beauty & Spa
4338 13th St., Ashland , KY 41102